5:30am wake up calls and 6:30am gym sessions.
Eating waffles, thanks to my waffle-making marathon yesterday.
Peach Raspberry Pecan Whole Wheat Waffles topped with a thin layer of Peanut Butter & Co Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter, and Raspberry Jam. Alongside, a pile of strawberries and a mug o’ skim milk.
And look what I found, a bit of peach peaking out!
Work, but this time as an RD.
The kitchen to make another great dinner.
Lemon-y, Garlic-y Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Chickpea Pasta.
A Lazy Girl’s Version of a “Recipe”:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Fill a pot with some water and set it on high
- Chop several large handfuls of brussel sprouts into 1/4’s or 1/8’s depending on size
- Put sprouts in a bowl
- Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas — add to the bowl
- Add lots of chopped garlic, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, drizzle with olive oil to coat, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Stir, toss, shimmy, shake
- Pour the mixture out on a cooking sheet (I always line with aluminum foil + PAM) and place in the preheated oven
- At this point your water should be boiling, but hopefully not boiling over. Cook whole wheat pasta according to directions on the box.
- Check the brussel sprouts/chickpeas a minimum of 6 times because it looks so good you just can’t wait for it to be done. Then when it does look done… decide that it is and take it out. Turn off the oven, or have your mother do that 10 minutes later if you forget. If you do not live at home with your mother, I highly recommend you choose the first option.
- In a saucepan on low heat, cook some more garlic with a ‘lil butter and juice from half a lemon, add (some) brussel sprouts/chickpea mixture, and your pasta. Stir, put in a bowl, dust with Parmesan cheese, and dig in!
Back to.. morrow